Digital Marketing Built on a Sound Foundation
Most digital marketing efforts depend on your website to convert website visitors into new leads and eventually customers. The more this flow of leads grows, the more important it is to have your website in good working order. The website is the foundation on which your digital marketing is built.
Why Are Website Updates Needed?
Neglecting website maintenance is like neglecting to maintain your vehicle. Websites need regular updates, cleaning, and testing to remain in good working order. We have all been to a website and seen something that doesn’t look quite right and wonder how it got to be that way. Here are a few examples of how websites get messed up.
- A staff member can add an image that is too large and drastically slows down the website.
- The software that runs your website requires regular updates to stay secure. Neglecting these updates lead to the website getting hacked.
- Software updates can also implement unwanted changes that degrade the look of the site unless they are properly reviewed and managed.
- Websites are constantly being changed with new content and information that isn’t always designed and formatted in a way that is professional and consistent with the brand.
How Do You Avoid Issues?
The more of your business depends on your website, the more it makes sense to invest in maintaining it. Here are a few things Boom Visibility provides to their clients.
- Websites are tested regularly for page load speed.
- Website software, including plugins are updated every 90 days.
- Monthly reporting reviews Google Search Console data to look for changes or issues.
- Regular off-site backups are taken in case of issues.
- Regular testing and design reviews are completed on different devices.
- Websites are hosted on reliable servers and hosting platforms that fit the needs of that website.