Knowing how customers found your business is one of the best ways to find out which marketing channels to focus your attention and money on in the long run. Google Analytics can give you an overview of this information in the form of a standard source/medium report, but what if you could get even more specific and know right away in your inbox where an individual lead came from?
This invaluable information is possible to obtain with a plugin called Attributer. The plugin can detect which channels all unique visitors came to your website through and then pushes that data into many different places—including your inbox contact forms, CRM, and other sales and marketing tools.
This allows you to immediately assign a source to every customer you interact with by name instead of vague data points on a report. Because who has the time to painstakingly sift through Analytics to find where that really great lead came from weeks ago? We know most of our clients don’t!
Attributer gives you the ability to see in your inbox exactly which leads and customers are coming from organic search, paid search, paid social, referrals, direct visits, and more. This can help you compare high-quality and low-quality leads in real-time. You can also get more detailed and include other important attribution points like:
- The name of the search engine or referral site that brought in an organic lead
- The ad campaign, ad group, or specific ad name that was clicked on
- The landing page that a user entered your site through
Check out this example of an inbox lead form with an expanded list of attribution points:
Integration With Your Sales and Marketing Tools
Attributer doesn’t just work in your inbox. You can also integrate it with a number of other platforms, including CRMs, email marketing tools, website builders, analytics, and more.
These are some popular platforms Attributer can link up with to provide even more valuable information to your existing analytics:
- CRMs like Zoho, Hubspot, Zendesk, and Salesforce
- Email marketing tools like Mailchimp and Constant Contact
- Website builders like WordPress, Drupal, Squarespace, Joomla, and WIX
- Billing services like Stripe
See the full list of Attributer’s integrations here.
Why Should You Care About Attribution?
Understanding what is driving your leads, customers, and revenue can help you determine which of your marketing efforts are working and which aren’t. Not convinced yet about why detailed attribution data is so important? Here are some top reasons why more data is better:
- Understand the ROI of your advertising: You’ll be able to tell which ad campaigns are producing high-quality leads and which are wasting your time and money by attracting less ideal customers or leads that don’t convert.
- Allocate your marketing budget to the right channels: Maybe your paid social ads are only bringing in irrelevant leads or you’re finding more success with SEO for specific services or products than with paid search. You will then have enough data to make an informed decision on where to pull the plug and where your money is well spent. No more guessing and hoping things work out for the best!
- Attract more valuable customers: Once you know what’s working for your business type and goals, you can invest more into those channels, campaigns, and strategies so you can attract the customers you want and ultimately bring in more revenue.
Get Started Tracking Your Leads in Real-Time
If you’re interested in giving Attributer a try, we offer plans to current clients that start at $50/month. You will have the added benefit of not having to maintain your own separate license and you can cancel at any time. We will also take care of setting everything up and showing you how it works.
Give us a call at (484) 362-9736 or send us a message to learn more!